Experience the Fluency
- Stop hitting, start playing
- avoid frustration and quitting – learn best practices and techniques while learning what matters to you
- Beginner or been playing for sometime, learn the underlying mechanics to enjoy the freedom of a fluent Indian guitar player.
Master the Competencies & Subskills
while learning what matters to you
Hard earned wisdom of the east-west bridge
How do you access the courses?
- Join the Group Get course access for a monthly fee + group video calls + forum/whatsapp group. See Details>>
- The All courses membership (See details) to access courses for an annual fee or payment plan
- Buy The Fundamentals bundle (see details) to access the Fundamentals Courses (See below)
The guitar basics course can be bought independently. All the other courses, please use one of the options above.
LEARN WITH SHYAM
Music Insider Groups
Details: email@example.com OR Whatsapp: +91 828 1234 828
For a fraction of the price of a guitar:
- Regular group calls with Shyam: Q & A, your specific doubts cleared, specific techniques shown to you
- Members only Whatsapp group: post your practice videos and doubts ANY time to get direct corrections and guidance with Shyam
- GROUP ONLY lessons: specialized insider content – not available anywhere else – posted within the group – exercises, effective practice tips, specialized finger – phrasing – strumming – chord knowledge
- Group only Discounts
Themes include: fundamentals, raga improvisation, chord melody, rhythm and chords… and more.
Learn from specialist teachers
- Learn optimized processes – assess your playing using best practices and technique checklists
- Learn what matters to you – set a unique path from where you are to what you want to be
- Teachers trained in learning theory and student guidance for targeted progress – scorecards, frameworks, goal oriented syllabus
- No information limit – you set the pace of learning, we will not limit you to preset learning speed or material
Courses and Bundles
Lifetime access to foundation courses:
- Guitar basics that matter
- Indian guitar first steps
- Rhythm chord basics
- [Bonus] Carnatic geetham lambodara
Not sure about your technique, want to make sure you are following best practices and efficient fluency methods from the beginning?
1 year access to all course topics:
- Beginner Courses:
- Guitar basics
- Indian guitar basics
- Rhythm Chord basics
- Indian guitar skill growth & Fluency
- Rhythm chord, Fingerstyle and Chord Melody exercises
- Ear training exercises
- Carnatic basics and techniques lessons
- private recorded video submission and corrections
Help you be a better musician
My name is Shyam. Originally from Kerala. Live in Germany. Playing Indian style music, chords & rhythm since I was 11 years old.
Been teaching online and helping others build instruction systems, since 1.5 decades. You may know me from my Youtube (musicianself, shyammonk) free detailed videos.
IIT BTech. Prepared from a small town, on my own: JEE 716. Relevance? I know how to chunk, prepare and get results for myself and others. The analysis and logic you get when learning with me.
1-1 classes & Private Corrections
Doubts? Text (Whatsapp) +91 82812 34828
- 25 – 45 minute calls: goals are discussed before call, follow up after call
- we will clarify your 2 month goals and long term needs.
- Custom Connect your current skill to your goals, like a GPS.
With Sreenath (Trained teacher)
- 25 – 50 minute calls
- recorded video corrections
- Whatsapp +91 828 1234 828 for details to learn with Sreenath.
Recorded video corrections with Shyam
- As time permits you, record videos of your practice session, doubts, mistakes, send it to Shyam through whatsapp.
- Get corrections, exact practice tips from Shyam as recorded video or audio or text, link, tab etc. Ask your doubts as needed.
- In between our busy life and work schedules, it is more convenient to take your time, practice and send me the video or your doubts, instead of having to sit at a particular time in front of the computer for 1-1
Example student video
- Record with your phone showing your fingers.
- Send on my personal whatsapp number. Know your exact next steps.
- Do it when your time permits.
Sreenath | Trained Teacher
Sreenath started playing Indian style and chords by watching Shyam’s youtube channels. Later, he started using the ragacourse material, got instruction from Shyam, submitted video and theory material for examination. After validation, he started teaching students using Shyam’s teaching methods and value concepts.
“I am a student of Shyam. I also teach in his method. In my life, I haven’t seen anything like this – goal oriented, without ineffective methods, not limiting information to prolong time spent, total commitment to student progress. Once you start in his method, you see the endless possibilities and you are hooked.” – Sreenath
Discover and Benefit : Focused Free Resources
- Identify and remedy the sub-skill problems that make your playing disconnected – beginner or been playing
- Discover the best methods of practice – Focus, Chunk, Skill – based on your interest
- Underlying competencies to use your practice time best and get the results you want
- Offers, special content, bonuses
- Start a conversation
Be a better musician
Access as you wish, all the curated courses and lessons shown BELOW.
1 year COMPLETE access to the ALL the courses below:
- Guitar basics that matter, Indian guitar first steps, Rhythm Chord basics [FUNDAMENTALS BUNDLE]
- Fluency Mechanics (Indian guitar skill growth)
- Rhythm chord, Fingerstyle and Chord Melody exercises
- Ear training exercises, Chord Code PDFs
- Carnatic: Lambodara, Varaveena, Kamalajathala, Mahaganapathim
- Corrections with a teacher
- Raga improvisation courses NOT INCLUDED
Ragacourses Membership Bundle
Fundamentals Bundle, Skill growth courses & Carnatic
Get lifetime access to: Guitar basics that matter, Indian Guitar First steps, Rhythm Chord basics + (BONUS) Carnatic Geetham
+ 1-1 call & rec. video corrections with a teacher.
Your Needs & Interests
Beginner Best Practices
You have the right to start learning music playing towards what you like, knowing for sure that you are in the right direction, absorbing the best practices without wrong methods.
Indian Guitar Fluency
Rhythm Chord Ability
Automated rhythm hand. Smooth intelligent transition moves. Underlying mechanics to reduce the time you take to go from 0 to be a consistent rhythm chord player.
Chord Melody & Fingerpicking
Fingerstyle rich playing using song notes and chords at the same time. Better sound when playing alone. 0 to Higher skill level exercises.
Sing while rhythm
Play with family and friends? You play the rhythm while you sing or accompany. How to sync and not go awkwardly out of rhythm? Rhythm hand automation, chord techniques.
How to find notes and chords on your own? Ear training, improvisation… other musician concerns. Join the family, let us go the path together. Custom solutions – just ask us.