1 month to Solid Foundations: Quick Focused Courses + Corrections from Shyam
Starting at $47 for Lifetime access to 3 courses and corrections/Guidance.
“In less than 2 months, I am learning to play film songs, geethams and even alai payudhe. This is more progress than i have ever made in the several years of trying to figure things out myself or trying to learn from other resources.” – Sarvesh, San Jose
Music learning and its continued success for you, is sensitively dependent on initial conditions. (regardless of butterfly wings, deterministic nature or chaos)
With the right content and effective teaching and learning methods, you will have the right beginning that determines the quality and future of your music playing and learning.
Whatever you do, learn towards playing the exact kind of music you want to play. That will make sure of your motivation, fun, feedback loop for self-correction, interest in deliberate practice to reduce any error gaps.
Use this offer
- to learn the basics of guitar fretboard, playing etc – the very first notes and best practices
- to learn how to do chord transitions and rhythm playing fluently by concentrating on the micro details of finger movement
- understand the pattern based nature of guitar and learn chords the smart way using just 3 patterns and knowing how to derive any other using them – theory and practice.
- to ask me doubts, show me your playing and get corrections from the foundations up – film song or other
- make your foundations strong
- show you micro details to the best practices and to avoid errors that will hold you back forever
- get you to the right mindset, thinking and patterns to look for
Have you wanted to ask me doubts? To get your playing corrected? To know what path you should follow? Here to help
You are here because (short version):
- you want to play Chords and rhythm for your favorite songs fluently and efficiently
- slowly… be able to find notes and chords on your own, fingerstyle and chord melody, maybe even improvisation and composing…
- you don’t want to waste your time, money and effort on less than optimal, unaware teaching methods, instead want to learn smart, relevant, result oriented methods and techniques from a proven source.
Foundational Rhythm chord Solution
… to make sure that you have a successful, long lasting musical journey, learning to play the guitar while learning towards what matters to you.
- no more youtube whirlpool,
- no more adjusting and struggling with generic material that doesn’t cater to Indian style of playing,
- no more guessing, trial and error, not making progress, ending up overwhelmed and frustrated…
This offer includes:
- Course videos, tabs, PDFs
- email and video corrections (see options and details below)
What you get:
Interaction with me
Video corrections get corrections to your playing privately – send me video recording of your playing – record with phone or laptop, share with me using youtube unlisted or google drive – i will correct your fingering, playing method, suggest you what to focus on.
You can send me film songs or Course material to get corrections.
Email corrections ask me doubts through email. Since I have to take care of my income related music and other work, time is limited. Students get corrections and doubt clearance and focus suggestions through email.
What Students says about video corrections:
Even though his classes itself detailed enough to learn and play , sometimes you may not identify your mistakes- some fine tunes – some tricks and tips – he gives after analysing your practice videos. That is extremely useful.
Guitar basics that matter
how to begin with music on the guitar, especially Indian music.
Starting from the very first hit.
I even play left handed to emulate a beginner’s experience.
Even if you are not a beginner you need to go through this to understand the fretboard logic as I have understood and teach.
How to remember the fretboard for Indian style music.
The string relations for easier phrasing later.
Note or swara to fretboard connection. Best practices with probably a lot of AHA moments for you.
Don’t try playing Indian music without this information
Detailed rhythm chord basics
This is a huge pain point. Knowing the chords will not make a you a good chord player. Without optimized movement your rhythm will always sound imperfect and amateur.
Changing chords involves so many finger level movements, each of which you have to optimize. That is the basis you have to master before you try any further rhythm and chord playing. Which finger groups should move together?
Which are the common fingers that should not move?
How do you prepare your fingers?
What does the thumb have to do with chords?
What does structural mechanics have to do with barre chords?
How to build substeps to move from open chords to barre chords smooth and sure?
You will be taught the needed open chords in a systematic way that enables smooth transitions. You get specific chord exercises, chord patterns and shapes etc.
Without this module you could be playing a 100 songs and chords, all disjoint and unsatisfying.
This is the foundation for future advanced chords and rhythm, finding and playing chords on guitar, fingerpicking and chord melody, play while sing etc…
Note: No song chords are given. This is about HOW to start playing chords well, regardless of songs. You can in the beginning, let me know any songs you like and I can help you choose some that can help your playing.
This is NOT for you if
- if you can already play Barre chords and rhythms without transition problems, don’t join. But if you want to improve your rhythm and chord fluency, or are starting out playing chords and want to learn the smart way, with all possible micro details to make your growth fast and sure, join. How to use open chords as a sub step towards barre chords is discussed, making barre chords approachable for you.
- Though you can ask me about songs you like playing, These courses are not a way of offering you film song TABS, chords etc. Free videos for film songs are available on youtube channel and website. My intention is to teach you HOW to play beyond a particular song.
- the videos are short and to the point, making it easy for you to practice the exact methods without wasting time. So, anyone looking for quantity over quality shouldn’t join. I will help you have clarity. For a beginner or advanced beginner, there is more than enough work to do using the content, mastering the basics.
How many videos? How long?
The videos are often short and to the point.
My intention is NOT to overwhelm you with 100 long videos to explain the basics.
Our intention is clarity. Simple, elegant, to the point.
Also, email and video corrections from me is included in the bundle so that you have the option to get corrections from me without having to use 1-1 classes. Use that, while using the videos of the course as an introductory text book.
This resource is meant for you if you are wisht to start playing Chords and rhythm well with understanding.
The chord changes are relevant to western or Indian. Song playing method like slides etc is relevant to any Indian style music, not so much for western.
You can ask me any doubts regardless of level.
Use the video corrections, email interactions to ask me any doubts and get clarity.
Video corrections you send me can have film songs or any material relevant to us.
- option 1 (Get clarity and skill growth): 3 basics courses + 1 month of email doubts and guidance (USD47)
- option 2 (Get your playing corrected): everything in option 1 + 1 month of video corrections sent between us privately (USD57)
- option 3 (Super focus, clarity and skill): 2 months of everything in option 2 (USD127
$164) + a 25 minutes 1-1 call with Shyam: video corrections + emails for 2 months
- Guitar basics that matter for fretboard knowledge & playing best practices
- Rhythm Chord Basics – a micro detailed, step by step look into starting the necessary skill of efficient chord transitions and fluent rhythm playing
- Chord code – smart understanding and playing chords on the guitar using the pattern based nature of the instrument guitar. THere are only THREE chord patterns from which EVERY chord can be played by changing position, adding or moving a position. Learn that to gain chord pattern independence for ever and not have to fall victim to big database based chord teaching inefficiency.
$127 Single Payment – Lifetime Access to the three courses, lifetime updates
25 minutes 1-1 Zoom session with Shyam (worth $50 | we will fix a time that works for both of us, between 6am and 6pm German time)
2 months private video corrections (up to 8 videos, each up to 5 minutes in length)
2 months of email interactions
No-brainer Bonus: in the future when you join Indian Lead/Carnatic complete course or Rhythm Chord mastery course, you will get a discount of $47 on those courses. Yes, you can continue the advanced courses as if you have already paid $47 for them.
Once you join, you will be automatically logged in and redirected to the courses you have access to. You will also get emails (check spam in case and whitelist me) with the login and password unique to you. Just login and access your courses anytime – 24/7.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org once you have joined, telling me your main goals, what you like to play finally and if you are a beginner or been playing for sometime. I will send you the custom path you could follow for best long term and short term results.
If it doesn’t work for you, there is no point.
I mean, the reason I give away free tutorials on youtube, with all details possible is so that you don’t struggle and get stuck.
So, naturally, if this doesn’t work for you for some reason, no questions asked refund.
Just let me know within 7 days of buying. You will get full refund.
(Please check the content and use it within 7 days and let me know, since I am unable to give a refund after 7 day period. Also, if you use the video correction option, there won’t be a refund since I have spent my time, delivering what I promised)
An example of modeling
Model the best game of a very good player.
Let us take a simple open chord change. From A minor to E minor. Traditional methods expect you to keep practising till fluency, without looking at the underlying moves.
In our method, chord learning is about transitions:
- keeping finger close to string (even when not used)
- minimal movement (based on common notes)
- finger unit movement
- pivot finger
- the thumb emphasis
… we look at the micro details that actually result in a masterful playing.
(All this and more included in Rhythm Chord basics. If you like details and sure steps, you will love it.)
Teaching/learning success is in the details
Tell me, have you thought about it at this detail? Do you get the feeling now, why students have fast and sure progress with my method?
Imagine, instead if all you have is A minor and E minor chord patterns and finger positions and you are asked to practice on your own. YOU will never be able to figure out the elements of efficiency and fluency on your own.
I have been playing the guitar for 28+ years now and never met a teacher who taught these methods that can actually make changes in the student. They blamed talent instead. Imagine a teacher telling us we didn’t have the talent to write with a pencil…
You have watched my free youtube video tutorials.
You have watched me play songs and raga on the guitar, my Unusual Unpluggeds with rhythm and chord improvisations.
Tell me, will you get this kind of detailed, unique, learning affirming content from anywhere else?
Remember that it is not just notes that you will remember and repeat.
We are talking about micro steps within the overall moves and lessons.
The details that are usually skipped and left for students to try and err and be frustrated.
Interaction with me
This is the real value of the offer. You get corrections from me. Points that will make your playing better now and for the future.
At this time I am able to give corrections and guidance only students and members. I take time to make free youtube tutorials and information at musicianself. So, I need to make sure that I am using my time for my income work – income for myself and my family.
You can benefit from my 28+ years of playing this specific style of music and 17+ years of teaching experience in multiple fields. (I actively learn teaching and learning methods)
Based on the option you choose,
you have the option to get email corrections from me, get your path cleared up. Tell me your goals and skill level, and I will tell you what to focus on and what the path could be like for you. You could tell me about your favorite songs which you want to play and I can tell you how you may approach that.
get video corrections for your playing making sure you are not carrying any bad practices, making sure of learning the efficient methods that will help you play at your best. This is a BIG one. When I see you play your mistakes and problems, I can immediately see the corrections you can make. I will send them to you so that you will be playing better in no time and you won’t be carrying any bad habits over to the future.
How to send me video corrections? Just record with your mobile phone or laptop – just make sure I can see the fretboard and can hear the guitar play. Share with me. You can use the Unlisted option of Youtube – only person with a link will be able to watch it. (Youtube is available to you as part of your Gmail. Just go to youtube.com/upload)
My 1-1 classes are limited due to time and other work restrictions.
But, you don’t need them when you can ask me doubts and get corrections from me without any problem from timezones or having to come online at a specific time in the night or early morning (I live in Germany).
Email corrections and video corrections are available ONLY for students and course members due to limited time and human limitations. They are not available separately.
The Value you get
You are getting the courses and different guidance options with me at a highly discounted price. I wanted you to make use of them, so, bundled the offers.
One – one skype classes are at $100 per 50 minutes. Video corrections and email corrections are not offered separately, and would cost you $50 each. The courses when sold separately will be $49 each for lifetime access.
7 days money back guarantee: no questions asked.
How will you benefit uniquely?
You are an individual. Our course is modular, for you to use based on your need.
Which of the following is your need/goal?
Beyond the obvious
A teacher who gives you chord patterns and where to press is essentially limiting themselves to a google search.
In Rhythm Chord Basics, we get into the details, like mentioned above on this page – the micro details.
You will learn all the fundamentals correctly while learning to transition between open chords fluently. It may take some time for you to take care of the details and practice correctly, but if you weren’t into details and playing well, you wouldn’t be here.
Then the course moves on to showing sub steps before completely starting to do barre chords. We don’t go into details with barre chords – that is taken care of in Advanced courses.
Want to learn rhythm consciously and without break? Rhythm hand movement, chord transitions etc? Look no further. This is it.